Spicy Chicken Salad

I started following a diet plan about 2 weeks ago since It's high time I loose the 10 extra kg I gained when I had my daughter. This diet consisted of eating salads everyday for lunch and as usual the first week was easy because I was really ambitious but by the mid of the second week I was losing my will to fight against making pasta or getting a burger or a pizza and I realised its because the salads I was making were not appealing to my appetite. That's when I realised I have to find recipes that will make me want to eat a salad everyday and I came up with this one.

It's a really easy 15 min recipe, low in carbs, full of protein, keeps you full for longer and is really good to your taste buds :D
so without further delay let's make my SPICY CHICKEN SALAD :D



INGREDIENTS

For the chicken:

  • 1 tsp of olive oil
  • 1/3rd of Breast piece (cut into bite sized pieces)
  • 2 tbsp tomato puree
  • 1/2 tsp paprika/red pepper crushed 
  • salt to taste
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
  • 1tsp soy sauce 



For the Salad:
  • 1 cucumber diced (contains 16 calories with peel along with vitamin C, potassium)
  • 1/2 carrot diced (a medium carrot contains 25 calories, and is full of vitamin A)
  • capsicum 1/3 diced (1 medium capsicum contains 18 calories and is full of vitamin C)
  • 1/2 cup chickpea (1/2 cup contains 143 cal. Chickpeas contain a moderate amount of calories and several vitamins and minerals. They’re also a good source of fibre and protein.)
  • 1/2 cup red cabbage (1 cup shredded contains only 22 calories and is full of vitamin A and C)
  • 1 oz walnuts or almonds (1 oz almonds contain 162 calories and are full of heart healthy fats) 



RECIPE:
For the chicken take 1 tsp of olive oil or sunflower oil in a pan on medium heat and fry your chicken until golden brown on all sides, now add 2 tbsp of tomato puree( you can also take a can of whole peeled tomatoes and add one tomato with 1 tbsp of the juice in the can as I do), add salt and paprika and 1 tsp of soy sauce. Let this cook for 2-3 mins then add a tsp of sesame seeds(optional but I really like their taste), mix and your chicken is ready.


Assemble the salad by adding all the vegetables and nuts (the nuts give a really nice crisp to the salad and loads of healthy fats) and voila your salad is ready. 
YES it was this simple!!



You guys can add whatever vegetables you like. You can replace red cabbage by green cabbage or lettuce or spinach. I like cabbage better than lettuce because of the nutritional value. You can also replace almonds or walnuts by cashew nuts. 
Hope you guys liked it. 
Leave your comments below and do send me pictures if you try the recipe. 
I'll be posting more delicious low calories recipes soon :D

Live life, have fun, love everyone and anyone <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apartment makeover series: Dining room makeover

DIY: Crib canopy

Easiest sponge cake recipe.