Apartment makeover: Corridor makeover Part 1

Hey guys,
How are you all?
Do you guys remember this picture from my first post in this series?



My apartment has a long corridor running through the length of it which means allot of empty walls with no furniture or anything on them. 
I'm attaching this hand made plan of my apartment to make it easier. 

the yellow highlighted portion is the corridor.
Since it is pretty long, I'm dividing the post into two and doing only half of the corridor right now.




Although you can't see this wall when you enter because the door opens against this wall but it is the last thing you see when you leave my apartment :D So I'm thinking of changing the home sweet home print in here to something more appropriate. I would love to get your suggestions.


The first wall you see when you enter the house is this one.
This Bismillah was the first thing I painted after we shifted because God bless my grandmother she kept pressing me to put some ALLAH ka naam on the walls :D
(P.S on the left is our shoe closet.)


As you go forward through the door there's this angled wall. At first I was looking for a console table for this area so that we have a place to put our keys and glasses etc but then this area wouldn't fit any of the ones I liked and we did need a full length mirror too so I ended up buying this one from ikea. ( https://www.ikea.com/sa/en/catalog/products/30320321/) It's such a perfect size and it also opens up the space so nicely. (A tip here, put mirrors in small congested spaces, they reflect light and automatically make the space look brighter and bigger)



Besides the mirror I put up this duo of whirling dervishes.I found the black one on pinterest and traced it from there onto a canvas. Since I bought these canvases in a pair, that gave me the idea of making an inverted copy and came up with this duo.(My apologies, I can't find the original source of the print) 


Lastly, no home is complete without a gallery wall with pictures of all the memories. 
My sister in law gifted us the middle four frames of our wedding events and then I added one from her wedding and My daughter's birth and first month birthday. I do plan on adding more pictures as we go along. 
I like coherence that is why I got all black frames but If you like the mix and match frames trend you can always go with that. It adds a bit of colour and is very trendy now a days.
If you're nervous and can't decide the pattern in which to put the frames, worry not there are templates available online and in stores that you can use. 
I used the old school way, align the frames on the floor and see what you like then put them up. Just be careful that you keep the spaces equal between the frames because that gives a very clean look. 

I am still looking for a nice rug but because this corridor is not straight it's hard to find the right length nevertheless worry not your girl is persistent :D


Hope you guys like this post, for any queries or suggestions you can catch me in the comments down below or on instagram. 

Live life, have fun, love everyone and anyone. <3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apartment makeover series: Dining room makeover

DIY: Crib canopy

Easiest sponge cake recipe.